Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kate's 3rd Birthday... 5 months later...



So here it is the first week of June and I was kindly reminded by my Mom reading my blog that it was time for an 'update'.... Needless to say that is like the understatement of the last 6 months... So instead of rambling on like and incessant fool, I will do little blog entries and post some pics from the last six months to see if we can get up to speed. We will start with Jan 4, 2010...

Happy Birthday Baby Kate!

So at a certain point in every kid-hood there comes a point in time when you look at your child and think how insanely fast they are growing... At some point in this last year of being two my baby Kate has become just Kate... she is growing up so quickly and wants to be such an independent little person. At this point I am so ready for her to be in preschool and to share the obligation of teaching her something of value with someone else, but preschool here in Sherwood costs a small fortune every month $150 for two days a week for 3 hours per visit... I thought $85 was a lot when I put Chloe in preschool! YIKES! So for now she is stuck with me teaching her colors, shapes, letters and sounds... At this point we have learned up to K... I figured this one would be cake... K-K-Kate... Um... NO... She says, "Mom... It's K-K-Tate!" Awesome! Obviously... I am a phenomenal teacher! It's been a couple months of discussing Kate... and when you ask her what her name is she still is Tate... Oh how I love my baby Tate!

As far as the birthday party went... we kept it pretty small and affordable... She loved that she finally got her own guitar so she can rock out to Hannah Montana with her sister and be the "rock stars" that they really are. She was also given a baby doll that giggles, cries, and says, "Momma" when you squeeze it's tummy... She wasn't quite sure about it at first but now she is loving that she is finally the Mommy for someone...





Happy Birthday Baby Kate... I love you... Even on the tough days... Oh... and I meant no harm by putting you up for sale on Facebook the other day... It was a rough one, but I love you just the same.

1 comment:

Kelley Rae said...

Yay for updates!! Thanks "mom" for giving Hanna the kick in the pants she needed :) Kate is darling, Happy birthday!!